Thursday, March 7, 2013

Belgian Waffles - Wheat, Dairy and Soy Free Recipe



Waffles are one of my husband's favorites.  He loves having leftovers in the freezer for a quick mid-morning snack.  This recipe is free of soy, gluten, and dairy.  I do not recommend trying to make waffles without eggs.  Egg substitutes just don't work well in a waffle iron - at least that has been my experience - and I have tried it many different ways - always without success.  

Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free Belgian Waffles
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup millet flour (or corn flour for a lighter texture)
½ cup tapioca starch flour
½ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 eggs
1 tablespoon agave nectar or organic sugar (optional)
¼ cup safflower oil
1 ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
Measure dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them together.  Add eggs, oil, and liquid.  Mix until fully blended. 
Bake on a heated Belgian waffle iron and serve. My waffle iron takes about 2/3 cup per batch. These freeze well if there are any leftover.  I often make a double batch so there will be leftovers for the freezer. 

1 comment:

  1. These look really good. I'm going to give them a try as soon as I get out of the three week phase of this food intolerance diet I'm on.

    I'm pretty sure I'm not intolerant to eggs so I think they'll be the first item added back in and I'm looking forward to it. I love waffles.

    Thank you again for posting such great recipes I really appreciate all the effort you've gone to and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Love your other blog as well even if I don't post much there.

    ReplyDelete