Saturday, May 10, 2014

Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten and Soy Free Version



 Before I had to give up so many ingredients to maintain my health - I was known as a pretty good baker.  I created a lot of my own original recipes for cookies and breads and my in-laws often teased me about opening up a bakery.  It has taken a lot of years for me to work up the nerve to try recreating those wonderful treats.  This is one of my more successful attempts.  These delicious cookies are as flaky and tender as the original recipe.

Gluten Free Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream:
1 cup solid coconut oil
2 cups organic cane sugar

Beat in:
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add:
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca starch flour
½ cup millet flour

Mix well, then add:
2 cups gluten free oatmeal  (original recipe calls for 3 cups, so I will try this next time)
1 cup flaked coconut
8 oz chocolate chips

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper.
Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment